The Caerphilly Business Forum is pleased to welcome Laura Evans to the Borough on the 9th January at 7.30am. Venue TBC.
This is the seventh in our set of new breakfast seminars where we aim to provide insightful and helpful seminars that can help businesses throughout Caerphilly.
ABOUT THE SEMINAR
Many people’s number one fear is Public Speaking (death being number two!) – how would you like to learn some tips and tools from the NLP toolkit to help you lift your presentations to a new level? Maybe you’d like to learn some tools to make public speaking easier? Perhaps you’d like some tips to better handle nerves? Maybe you’d like to learn a format that will enable you to structure your talk or work presentations so that it appeals to everyone? Maybe you’d like to learn why pacing up and down your stage will confuse your audience (and what to do instead)?
This 60 min practical session will focus on learning skills from the NLP toolkit which you can use immediately to transform the way you present so you can impart your message more effectively. You’ll learn what NLP is (Neuro Linguistic Programming) and how it can help you better manage your emotions in the context of presenting, better engage your audiences and provides tools to help you more effectively present through a better understand of how our minds actually work.
During this session you’ll learn:
- How to format a presentation or talk so it appeals to everyone (using the 4-Mat system) and how this system reduces the need for you to bury your head in your notes!
- Learn why most people sabotage their presentations and learn how to avoid common pitfalls (and what to do instead)
- Develop tips to help get your mindset in the right place before you even start talking
- Learn how to stand when speaking to an audience (and understand why pacing up and down your stage confuses your audience and is a big no-no!)
- You’ll gain an appreciation of the internationally accepted non-verbal gestures (Satir Categories) which will enhance your presentation (and not detract from them - like flappy hands do!)
- You’ll be introduced to spatial anchoring – did you know that emotions can be anchored
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
After 15 years in HR and Training roles in corporate life, Laura decided to follow her passion of how the mind works, empowering people & helping them unleash their potential in Business & Life. She started studying NLP in 2008 is a Master NLP Coach and Certified Trainer of NLP. A Chartered member of the CIPD, Laura’s also a qualified ILM level 7 Executive Coach and has a number of Corporate Clients for whom she runs in-house courses.
With NLP, Laura was amazed at how quickly and easily she could change things that had held her back for years and saw astonishing results! She brings a sense of fun, energy and passion to her workshops – “she is one of the [NLP] industry’s rising stars!” and gets rave reviews from delegates her talks.
Refreshments are included in your registration fee.
There is free parking at the venue.
This event is open to members and non-members of the Forum.
BOOKINGS AVAILABLE SOON